Tuesday, October 31, 2006

More Handwarmers and a New Shawl

Well, I showed my handwarmers off at work on last Friday and one of my co-workers asked me to make her a pair. She wanted a red pair. I went to my favorite yarn store, Michael's this weekend and found some wonderful red wool. If feels soooo good. I even bought some black because a dear friend, Cheryl George, wants a black and red pair. I found some wonderful hand made buttons at JoAnn Fabric to decorate the handwarmers. I am really pleased how these came out. To the right and below are the results.

The buttons on these handwarmers are little hand made hats.


You can really see the little hats in this picture. I like the addition of the buttons. I think it adds a nice touch. The black and red handwarmers are going to have black and red ladybugs on them. I can't wait to make them.







Well here is the shawl that a lovely lady named Kim Form commissioned me to make for her. I call it "The Kim". Here is Kim modeling the shawl. I delivered it to her today.

She wanted a shawl that she could wear to church and with jeans. She is really going to "work" this shawl. I am really pleased how it came out and I was so happy that she was excited and happy when she saw it. I made the shawl out of black fun fur.

I tell you it is a wonderful feeling when people love the work that you do. For me knitting is a labor of love and a gift from God. Knitting has really helped me to heal these last few months. "God is so good to me, God is so good to me. I don't serve him as I should, I don't deserve all of his good. So many things are not as they should be, but God is so good to me." Here is the complete song by Donald Vail and the Celebration Delegation, My Rhapsody Playlist

Here is the back of the shawl. I custom made the shawl to Kim's height and size. She looks fantastic in her new shawl!

No comments: