Saturday, October 28, 2006

Handwarmer's Anyone?

I have discovered handwarmers. When I describe them to people they look puzzled. However, there are many times when you need your hands covered, but you want your fingers free to pick up things, turn knobs in the car, ride a bike, etc. It may be cold enough to cover your hands, but not cold enough to wear gloves, thus Handwarmers. Below is a sample of my latest handwarmers.



I made these with two different typles of yarn, white and a black and white yarn that I had left from a scarf set that I made for my sister-in-law last year. When I found this pattern I couldn't wait to make them. After I made them I wanted to add something more to "Kick them up a notch" as my favorite chef Emeril would say.



The picture below shows a close-up of the Zebras that I put on the handwarmers.



I really enjoyed making these. I am finishing up a black pair for my mother that I will post tomorrow. I also have an order for a red pair that I found some wonderful little hats that I am going to put on them. I am also going to make a red and black pair for a dear friend and I found some great red and black ladybugs that I am going to put on them. As I make the handwarmers I am going to post them on my blog so stay tuned. If you are interested in some handwarmers feel free to email me at cynthiaknits@hotmail.com.

No comments: