Saturday, February 03, 2007

Felted and Knit and Bags "Oh My"

Well this is one of the reasons why I have not posted lately. I have been knitting felted bags. Once I started felting, I just couldn't stop. This is the neatest thing, to knit a bag felt it and see the results.

This is my latest bag, I finished it a week ago. I call it "Black and Sassy". I am very pleased with it because it is my very own creation. It is made with the Patons Black Wool and the Black, Brown and White Fun Fur with the little fuzzy balls. I inserted a rectangle heavy plastic netting to make a hard bottom to the bag. I also lined the bag with gold and black zebra fabric. The handles I purchased from JoAnn Fabrics.

Here is the bag!


















Here is what the lining looks like in the bag.




















This is my first bag. I call it "An AKA Kind Of Bag". When I knitted this bag it was HUGE! I was wondering what it was going to look like felted. I really held my breath as I put it in the washer. Well, when I took it out and blocked it I was thrilled. Creating the handles was fascinating. I used Pink and Green Patons wool yarn. I really like Patons yarn it really felts up well.




















This is the second bag that I made. I got the pattern from Ben Franklin and it was inspired by their Christmas bag. I call this bag "The Red Baroness".




















The next purse is another one of my creations. After I made "The Red Baroness" I wanted a flap on my bag. So I made the next bag. I call it "Pink Passions". I made it out of Pink Patons and Multi Color Patons yarn. I used a really fun button of multi colored stones to accent the flap.

Here is the bag, Enjoy!

The next purse I am working on incorporates knitting with the new faux leather. I am going to start on it this afternoon. I am going to make it out of black yarn and the black multi color Trellis yarn that I used to make the poncho that is on this site. As soon as I am finished I will post it.
Until then, Stay Tuned, Here and Above!

No comments: